When you check out, you can view the shipping and handling charges for your order. In the rare case that shipping and handling charges exceed the amount shown, we will notify you. The state or province may require tax to be applied to shipping and handling charges.
Mouldings uses multiple shipping rules to determine shipping and handling charges. The shipping rules are listed below. Please see your shopping cart for an estimate of the exact shipping charges for your order.
- All Carvings (White River and Brown Wood Products): Ship FREE via FED EX
- White River Specialty Mouldings (Mon Reale, Embossed and Traditional):Shipping Charges are 15% of total sale
- Finium: Shipping Charges are 15% of total sale
- Concretus: Shipping Charges are 15% of total sale
- Decorators Supply: Shipping Charges are 15% of total sale
Online orders can be delivered worldwide. However, some products, especially large items and items that contain fuel or other hazardous chemicals, are not available for shipment to other countries. To be sure, check the product and shipping notes as you shop. If your country is not listed at checkout, your order cannot be delivered there.
Tax and duty fees may be charged by your country when your order arrives. Those additional charges are your responsibility. Mouldings ships to most countries.
- International Tier: Shipping Charges are 30% Minimum Charge of order. In the rare case that shipping and handling charges exceed the amount shown, we will notify you.
Handling charges may be determined by applying the Minimum Charge or by calculating a percentage of the Net Order Total, whichever is greater, using the following FedEx Ground or LTL tables and adding any appropriate fees that will apply for a particular shipment. Note that the Net Order Total is based on the White River Hardwoods (WRH) net cost to the customer, not the customer’s net cost to a builder, homeowner, etc.
The following calculations of Freight & Handling charges DO NOT APPLY to orders including Primed MDF products and/or Fabricated Products such as custom wood radius work or resin mouldings. Please contact Customer Service for a Freight & Handling quote for orders including exceptions.
Customer is responsible for ALL freight charges.
It is the responsibility of the Customer to confirm that the delivery address meets the criteria for a business.
Any subsequent freight charges applied by a carrier for Residential Delivery, Redelivery, Lift Gate service, etc. will be the responsibility of the Customer and may be invoiced 2-4 weeks after delivery.
Residential shipping with Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) is a preferred method to getting heavy and long length shipments to residential customers and jobsites. Drivers are not allowed or responsible for delivering the order to the doorstep or placing in the garage. The consignee must have “capable help or equipment” to unload the truck. Consignee must unload truck using labor or equipment, the maser crate or top load can be opened to get the contents out. All residential consignee (customers) have responsibility for receiving their orders in a professional manor. For more support on this please call your White River customer support team member.
What’s a residential delivery fee?
A residential delivery fee is an additional service offered by the freight carrier for any and all shipments that are delivering to a residence. As LTL shipping uses dry vans and larger trucks, sometimes it can be difficult to maneuver residential streets. Delivery will be separate charges– so there will be a residential delivery charge.. This charge fluctuates depending on what freight carrier you are using to move your shipment, so ask your customer service team member how much residential fees will be before you ship. If you’re quoted with residential pickup/delivery before you ship, the information will be on the Bill of Lading used at pickup.
What’s the deal with liftgates?
Because most LTL shipments are loaded and unloaded on docks, a liftgate will be needed for ALL residential pickups and deliveries. The carrier will need this information before making the pickup/delivery because not all trucks have liftgates on them. A special truck will need to be dispatched to accommodate the residential streets as well as liftgates, so it’s important to have this information on the BOL before pickup or delivery is attempted. Same as the residence charges, liftgate charges will be applied for pickup.
Residential Delivery & Appointments
Before the freight carrier makes a residential delivery or pickup, they will call the shipper/consignee to confirm the pickup or delivery time window. Because residences are not proper businesses, their hours fluctuate more than the standard 8am-5pm offices. This makes it vital to have the correct contact name and phone number on the BOL. It’s important to note the appointment for residential freight because this will add an extra day of transit in most instances, and possible further delays if the carrier can’t get in touch with the shipper/consignee to set the appointment. Setting the delivery appointment can only be done by the carrier, and is included in the residential charge, making it different from a notify consignee accessorial.
A common misconception with residential LTL shipping is that the freight carrier is a moving company, and will come into your house, pack up what you need to move, and put it on their truck. This is absolutely false. LTL freight carriers are NOT white glove movers. Because of liability issues, LTL carriers and their drivers cannot enter a residence under any circumstances. For residential shipping, the freight will need to be packaged and on the street or porch for the carrier to handle the freight. However, there is an additional service that can be paid for called Inside Delivery. Contrary to its name, the freight carrier STILL can’t take the freight inside your house. Instead, Inside Delivery can be used to pick up or delivery freight to a porch or garage – closer to the house than the street or curb.
Every effort will be made to minimize Freight & Handling charges. White River Hardwoods may contact the Customer with a recommendation to revise the shipment method at the time an order is packaged if a lower cost may apply.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to verify the condition of the goods received and note any shortages or damage on the carrier’s documentation at the time of delivery.
- Our terms of sale are FOB Fayetteville. The responsibility for damage in transit is the carrier’s, whether it is visible or concealed damage.
- Inspect your shipment immediately. Insist that visible damages be indicated on all copies of the freight bill.
- Open boxes within 15 days of delivery, inspect for concealed damages and report any discrepancies. No adjustments will be made for discrepancies not reported within 15 days of receipt.
- In case of a damaged LTL shipment, retain all packaging and notify the delivering carrier immediately. The carrier may wish to inspect the material. Place a phone call to the delivery carrier and confirm with a written report, holding a copy of the report for claim purposes.
- In case of a damaged Fed Ex package shipment, retain all packaging and notify White River immediately.
- We take every precaution to ensure safe arrival and have consulted with the carriers to develop packaging. Our responsibility for the goods ceases when the shipment is turned over to the carrier.
- Claims of damages must be made by you to the carrier within 15 days of receipt of delivery.
Returned Goods Policy
Stock mouldings cannot be returned without prior approval. Call for an RGA number and clearly mark the outside of package(s) with that number. Mouldings will not be credited that are (1) marked on, (2) modified in any way, (3) exposed to excessive sun or moisture, (4) have sheetrock mud, primer, stain or job-site damage. For stock mouldings to receive credit, mouldings must be in resalable condition. Returns are FOB buyer and are subject to a minimum 20% restocking charge. Loose mouldings will be accepted only if they are 8’ or longer, unless in original plastic covering. No returns allowed after 60 days from date of invoice. After 60 days, if return is allowed at White River’s discretion, the restocking charge will increase by 10% per month. White River has the right to refuse any return. All carvings must be in original packaging or still carded with seal unbroken. White River absolutely will not accept carded carvings that have been opened.
- Do not return any product without prior authorization.
- Call Customer Service and obtain a Return Goods Authorization number (RGA#). We will fax or email a shipping label that must be used.
- Returned products must have packaging equal to original factory packaging (with adequate protective padding material and cardboard securely fastened). White River will not be responsible for damage incurred because of insufficient packaging.
- Special order and custom-manufactured items cannot be returned.
- Return merchandise will not be accepted from the carrier unless it is returned freight prepaid within 15 days of the return authorization date. Packages must be clearly marked with the RGA number.